Is it worth buying the iPad 2 after 1 month

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad 3 64gb
Is it worth buying ipad 2 after 1 month,or I should to wait ipad3?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is it worth buying ipad 2 after 1 month,or I should to wait ipad3?

I'm sort of confused by your question..."1 month" after what?

The iPad 2 has been available since March, 2011 (in the United States)...so I'm confused by the "1 month" reference.

- Nick

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad 3 64gb
I'm sort of confused by your question..."1 month" after what?

The iPad 2 has been available since March, 2011 (in the United States)...so I'm confused by the "1 month" reference.

- Nick
just in that time i will have 600 euros and i very want to buy ipad2,so now i cant buy it now because i didnt have money ..:)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just in that time i will have 600 euros and i very want to buy ipad2,so now i cant buy it now because i didnt have money ..:)

Ahh...that is a TOTALLY different question/situation!!!;)

Personally I would say wait. Traditionally the new iPad models are released around Feb./Mar. in the United States. And it may take 1-2 months or longer before they show up internationally.

So you could wait and see if the changes/improvements in the iPad 3 are interesting to you. If so...wait for the iPad 3...if not...then get an iPad 2.:)

Or if you "just can't wait"...you could buy an iPad 2 now...use it for a few months...see what the iPad 3 features are...then sell your iPad 2 if the iPad 3 seems like a big enough improvement for you.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad 3 64gb
Ahh...that is a TOTALLY different question/situation!!!;)

Personally I would say wait. Traditionally the new iPad models are released around Feb./Mar. in the United States. And it may take 1-2 months or longer before they show up internationally.

So you could wait and see if the changes/improvements in the iPad 3 are interesting to you. If so...wait for the iPad 3...if not...then get an iPad 2.:)

Or if you "just can't wait"...you could buy an iPad 2 now...use it for a few months...see what the iPad 3 features are...then sell your iPad 2 if the iPad 3 seems like a big enough improvement for you.

HTH,

- Nick
Thanx Nick :)
And also ,for what basically ipad is created for? :) Do you think it is good for watching movies, or it is only for surfing web? :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And also ,for what basically ipad is created for?

Shouldn't this question be answered before you start saving the 600 euros to purchase an iPad 2?;)

Do you think it is good for watching movies, or it is only for surfing web? :)

Sure...these are two great reasons & very common activities for an iPad.:) But for me, and I had a limited budget (which most people do)...and if I needed a newer & more powerful laptop computer...I would buy that first (but that's just me).

- Nick

C

chas_m

Traditionally the new iPad models are released around Feb./Mar. in the United States.

Sorry to correct you, but my alter-ego is Pedantic Man. :)

The original iPad was announced on January 27th, 2010 and shipped in April.

The iPad 2 was announced on March 2nd of this year, and shipped on March 11th (all dates are for US shipping).

So as you can see, there is no "tradition" here. The current speculation on the iPad 3 puts its arrival (at least in the US) in the March timeframe. Anything's possible of course but given that the iPad continues not to have any real competition (combined Kindle sales, maybe), so my own speculation would be that Apple's not feeling much pressure to get a third iPad out as quickly as possible. The year anniversary feels about right at the moment. Just my opinion, obviously.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry to correct you, but my alter-ego is Pedantic Man. :)

Hey...come on man...I was mostly generalizing...only off by a couple weeks for the iPad 1, and correct for the iPad 2.:) Good enough for the purposes of this discussion.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I would wait until march if not then they are going to do a new release in the fall with the next "iphone 6".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.