Graphics software recommendation needed

Reaction score
I used to use Ulead PhotoImpact software on my old PC and I'm looking for something comparable to use on my new Mac.

What I like about PhotoImpact is that it has the tools for basic drawing, but is not too complicated. I don't want/need layers or 3D etc. I am using it to draw black and white line drawings of garments.

What's the closest thing to PhotoImpact available for Mac?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
devilboy, your answer doesn't help me!
But it does.

If you are comfortable with Ulead's software and you already have it, then the best thing would be Ulead's answer to your question:
Ulead said:
Ulead PhotoImpact on the Mac? Cross-platform software is the answer
User's Story said:
Jeremy was immediately sold on PhotoImpact–his only regret was that he couldn’t use it on a Mac. To get around this, he put the new cross platform tool, Connectix Virtual PC for Mac, to the test. This innovative software proved flawless. PhotoImpact remains not only Jeremy’s favorite image editor, but is now his most useful design tool for both the PC and Mac.

Now, if you have an Intel-based Mac, then you won't need Virtual PC, but you could use Boot Camp or Parallels to install Windows, thereby giving yourself the ability to run your image editor.
You won't have to learn a new software and you can remain at your comfort level with the software you have used previously.

Now, if you are looking for a native Mac application, then there are several simple drawing apps. You can find a number of them by doing a search on the forum, as there are several to list.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ooops, sorry... didn't see the link. Was distracted by the huge signature. Was like, "what's mac/MAC/Mac got to do with graphics software"! Doh!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
GIMP (free, runs on pre-installed X11)

Or you can get GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program. I use it and it works fine. It runs on many operating systems. On a mac, it runs through X11, which I believe is already preinstalled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.