iOS 7 DELETES ALL MY DATA IN GAS GUBBY!

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get it back? I may be moving back to the Blackberry if I cant get iOS 6 back. I am so tired of Apple.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you backup everything on your iPhone before allowing iOS 7 to install? To the cloud or iTunes?

OP
E
Reaction score
Did you backup everything on your iPhone before allowing iOS 7 to install? To the cloud or iTunes?

Yes but that app does not use those. I emailed the developer. Thank goodness I keep backups on paper as you cant trust these devices. A new OS is released and you lose all data.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Gas Gubby? Not Gas Buddy? I use Gas Buddy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
So where does it keep it's data? If the data is kept anywhere on the device it will be in the iTunes/iCloud backup (that's different from syncing using iCloud). One caveat to this is if you've explicitly excluded this app from saving it's data.

If the app keeps the data on the devs servers etc then they'll have a copy of it.

Either way, going to the dev, as you have done, seems like the best way forward.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Gas Cubby retained all of my data through the upgrade. The developer does have a sync feature that will backup your data out to their servers, hopefully you've had at least a somewhat recent sync.

OP
E
Reaction score
Gas Cubby retained all of my data through the upgrade. The developer does have a sync feature that will backup your data out to their servers, hopefully you've had at least a somewhat recent sync.

I have syned several times and the app does not get its data back. Where are you finding thee things? I had the FREE version so perhaps that is the difference.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have syned several times and the app does not get its data back. Where are you finding thee things? I had the FREE version so perhaps that is the difference.

Ah, I have the paid version. Perhaps that's the difference.

The sync settings are at the bottom-right corner of the screen.

OP
E
Reaction score
Ah, I have the paid version. Perhaps that's the difference.

The sync settings are at the bottom-right corner of the screen.

I hit the send data to Gas Cubby before but I have no idea how to get the data back with this version. Guess I lost everything. I should have bought the PAID version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.