iPhone 4 battery life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz 320GB 4GB Ram, iMac 2006, 250GB 2GB RAM & 3G iPhone
I'm suffering from iPhone 4 battery life paranoia! Usual for with any new Apple products!

My concern is that my new iPhone 4 has a duff battery. I'm sure others have spoken about this, but I thought we'd could have a little look!

Currently my battery is on 67% with 1 hour 37 minutes usage and 7 hours 40 minutes standby. Does that sound a little poor to anyone or is that OK? What are others getting on usage and standby?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Get an App called BatteryDoctor that will fix and answer all of your questions in great detail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Have you calibrated the battery? I felt as though I was losing power quickly on the first day, but then I calibrated the battery (drain till phone shuts off, then recharge to full overnight) and all has been well ever since.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Re calibration: I sort of did it last night, but it was only about 20% when I plugged it in, so I need to run down more tonight. O2 told me do do this, they said they battery will 100% even when it's only 1/4 full (can't think why??). I will do that tonight and report back. Thanks.

Re battery app: I've heard of it, I'll give the free version a look. Thanks.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On my iPhone 4 BatteryDoctor opens then closes immediately??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On my iPhone 4 BatteryDoctor opens then closes immediately??

Did you download it from iphone directly or iTunes?
If you did it from phone direct try from itunes then reboot phone

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually in the end I bought the pro version, it only cost £0.59! I will do its calibration process tonight. Should I set the trickle charge to 120mins?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually in the end I bought the pro version, it only cost £0.59! I will do its calibration process tonight. Should I set the trickle charge to 120mins?

you can..... just let it drop to 20% plug into wall charger then run app, it really does fix your battery and give maintenance.... I really like how it tells you how much battery time you have depending on function

Reaction score
The Battery Doctor App does nothing to prolong battery life that you can't do on your own without it. I thought it would until getting it and realized it was basically instructions for charging lithium batteries. It does give you a good idea of how long you can use your phone for talking, browsing, etc. All you have to do to maintain good battery life and performance is drain the battery to below 20% and fully charge it once or twice a month with partial charges in between. One thing to remember is any battery is only good for so many charge/ discharge cycles and a partial cycle is the same as a full cycle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
I calibrated the first day.

My phone seems to be okay on standby and talking, but surfing over 3G has been terrible. Literally I'm losing a percentage of battery per minute when browsing over 3G. Been traveling since i got the phone so haven't tested browsing over wifi.

Reaction score
My battery is noticeably better than my 3GS's battery was, I'm very happy with it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well since using the battery App and using overnight charges, my iPhone 4 lasts a day. I unplug it at 8am ish and it usually goes back on charge around 1am ish. By 1am it's very low under 10%. I would say my usage is fairly high, but of course there are large periods during the day where I don't use it.

I heard that there were people who were getting 2 days out of theirs, I imagine they are just on standby with minimal use?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.