Messenger For Mac 8 Beta - Webcam suddenly stopped working :( Help

Reaction score
Hi, i've been using Messenger For Mac 8 Beta, for about 6 months now, I use webcam a alot, and it has been working pretty good so far. A few days ago it suddenly stopped working. When I invite, it stops right away, and it says that its unavailable. The person also tries to invite me, but they tell me it stops right away, and says it's unavailable. I use it only with pc users. I do not know what to do, amsn, also doesnt work. The person says, they see a pure white screen, and they do no see me. Does anybody know whats going on here? I have a feeling it may bee a firewall issue, but I don't know much about that, and how to resolve it. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks a lot
-Steven

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Interesting. Didn't think that was a public beta.

If I'm right, you're probably going to be hard pressed to find help with a leaked copy. I can't imagine too many people are running it at this point.

OP
S
Reaction score
Interesting. Didn't think that was a public beta.

If I'm right, you're probably going to be hard pressed to find help with a leaked copy. I can't imagine too many people are running it at this point.

I see, what about amsn? It doesn't work either. My contacts say that they see just a white screen, I don't see the person ither. I'm thinking something in the setting, got disconfigured, because it did work before, both amsn, and Messenger for mac 8 beta, have both worked perfectly before. so...I don't know..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.