iPhone clock issue after DST

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 6 Plus
Hi there...

If this question is a duplicate, please forgive me.

After the recent US DST change on 11/7 (2AM), my iPhone's schedule alert is not functioning correctly.

I have a therapy appointment twice a week, that starts 1PM EST, and the reminder is set 1-hour before. After DST changed, the reminder tells me at 12 noon as usual but the message says my appointment is 12PM. This supposed to say 1PM. The details of my schedule has not been changed; means the appointment is 1PM and the alert is set 1-hour before.

If someone experiences the same or similar, could you please share them with me? And if there is any solution to it, I would love to know.

My iPhone is 3G, and the OS is 4.1.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Apple is releasing an update in iOS 4.2 that will fix this issue. Hang tight!

OP
odenkun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
that's really a big hassle for us who depend on our phones for alarm. to odenkun, i suggest that you use a different alarm for now or get somebody to remind you of your therapy appointments while we wait for a fix. =) cheers!

Reaction score
that's really a big hassle for us who depend on our phones for alarm. to odenkun, i suggest that you use a different alarm for now or get somebody to remind you of your therapy appointments while we wait for a fix. =) cheers!

He could also just go out and buy a cheap alarm clock that runs on batteries. Just saying.

OP
odenkun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks all for the help.

After updating to OS4.2, I expected it would resolve this issue, but it did not happen. My alarm went off at 12PM and told my appointment tomorrow was 12PM again.

I will just forget this messed up reminder thing. Sigh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
slightly off-topic, forgive me please...

I was caught out by the DST issue, it didn't make me late but it sure gave me a shock when I realised the time. At first I thought I must have pressed "snooze" - I actually convinced my self it was me :D

When it happened a 2nd time, thats when it became a concern. I tried a few things, didn't seem to correct the issue so I just set my alarm an hour earlier.

Then when iOS 4.2 came out... Yup, I forgot to set it back and woke up an hour earlier than needed :D

It's a bit of a dodgy problem to get out there into the wild really, and it should have been fixed by a 'quick' patch much sooner IMO - but they got there in the end right ;D

I was told by plenty of people that I should just buy an alarm clock - you can't argue with that point really, it's on the money. Looking back, I think it was quite funny, especially how I'd convinced myself that "I must have pressed snooze or something" :D

OP
odenkun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After updating to iOS4.2, the problem still exists. The attached is a recent reminder for my haircut (lol), which was scheduled 7PM on Tuesday. The reminder gave me 1-day notice (as I setup) but it shows "Tomorrow at 6PM (7PM-GMT - 04:00)" which never seen like this prior to DST.

I still don't understand this.

photo.PNG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.