Wireless Keyboardwill not connect to mini??

Reaction score
Hi All,

Shut my mini down last night, never shut the keyboard off, turned mini on today after I came home from work, and again, my keyboard will not connect. It is an Apple wireless keyboard, batteries are 100%.

Any ideas??

2011 Mac Mini, OSX 10.6.7, 500GB, 4GB Ram.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hi All,

Shut my mini down last night, never shut the keyboard off, turned mini on today after I came home from work, and again, my keyboard will not connect. It is an Apple wireless keyboard, batteries are 100%.

Any ideas??

2011 Mac Mini, OSX 10.6.7, 500GB, 4GB Ram.

Just to get it straight. Turning the Keyboard off and then back on again doesn't cause it to reconnect?

If so, may double check that Bluetooth hasn't been inadvertently turned off in the Mac Mini settings.

OP
W
Reaction score
Just to get it straight. Turning the Keyboard off and then back on again doesn't cause it to reconnect?

If so, may double check that Bluetooth hasn't been inadvertently turned off in the Mac Mini settings.
Correct. Powering off, then on will not reconnect it. I will check BT settings.

OP
W
Reaction score
UPDATE: Left the batteries out for a half hour, shut off blue tooth in settings, turned blue tooth back on, put batteries back in, reconnected on its own??

Strange, did the same thing two days ago...

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
UPDATE: Left the batteries out for a half hour, shut off blue tooth in settings, turned blue tooth back on, put batteries back in, reconnected on its own??

Strange, did the same thing two days ago...

That is strange. I'll remember it if I run into problems with my Mini and wireless keyboard.
Glad things are working now.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. Should I be shutting it off overnight?? i have been leaving it on.

I don't know that it matters. FWIW I leave my Mini on all the time; I just turn off Keyboard, Trackpad and Monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.