dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook ali
im new to iphone and am slowly getting to grips with it, but theres a few things i dont like about the all NEW iphone 4.

1st the bluetooth is rubbish, it dont like connecting to certain things where as all my nokias have no problems at all.

2nd the speakers are not very good for a phone this size, my last nokia x6 had amazing sound and you could use the graphic equaliser and bass and other stuff where as this is very basic (boring).

3rd no radio ?????????? or can i get an app for this ?

4th i also run a macbook, me thinking these should work really well together. it seems that i can only loads things from itunes to the phone ? i have other tunes/songs in other folders also videos/films in other folders i want to load on. on my nokias it used to come as unknown device on my desktop and i could open it and drag n drop any songs, pics, movies, is there a way to do this as itunes dont accept them all the time ??????.
any advice on these issuse would make me a happy chap

5th also the camera is very basic, no macro for close ups ????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
You did not do your research, and so I'm going to say that you're either trolling or that you're lazy. Whom in this day and age doesn't know the differences between the iPhone, and every other either WinMo, Simbian or Android phone on the market ? Most people when buying a several hundred dollar device, tend to investigate which features are available and which are missing. You obviously either did not do this, or again.. you did know this and are simply trolling looking to get people riled up.

I don't think that in my history of this forum I've ever called someone a troll or a flame baiter, and I'm not really calling you one per say.. but you're coming off like one if you think about it logically.

Now to answer a question or two. Radio. Most FM radio is rubbish anyway, not that this is an excuse, but you'll find a much better music selection with dedicated music apps instead. Try Slacker Radio, Pandora, AOL's Shoutcast, Yahoo music, CBS has an app, Live Radio (pretty good one), Last FM etc.. There are plenty of them.

File transfers. You're out of luck unless you Jailbreak your phone n root it, period. I've already posted on a similar topic in another thread yesterday and don't want to go on about it again, you can search my name for other posts and find it very easily. Same thing goes for bluetooth.

The camera. It's a cell phone. Don't expect the world of it. That's kind of a cop out I know.. .but I don't have that answer for you. It would be nice if Apple put a little thought into their camera software, but they haven't, sorry. I don't bother getting upset about this stuff anymore because I no longer care. I've got my 3G which I'll continue to use jailbroken for overseas use, and will be getting an Android based phone for the rest of my needs.

If the iPhone doesn't suit you, I'd suggest not getting emotional over it, because Apple doesn't care about you or me or small groups of people who enjoy the features we are speaking about. It's a bit deeper than that, but I don't care to delve into the logistics of it at this point, since I don't care anymore. Sell your phone or return it if you are within warranty and get an Android phone. You'll be much happier.

Doug

C

chas_m

3rd no radio ?????????? or can i get an app for this ?

There are LOTS of apps for this. Some pretty amazing ones too, but be careful when using them under 3G ... it can eat a fair amount of data and that can get expensive. Under Wifi of course this is not an issue.

4th i also run a macbook, me thinking these should work really well together. it seems that i can only loads things from itunes to the phone ?

Sorry, how does this disprove the idea that they don't work well together?

The exact and precise REASON why Apple has taken over the world (even the Windows world) with the iTunes Store is because of the tight integration with iTunes.

So use iTunes. It's a trivial matter to convert your other songs and movies to the format iTunes uses.

5th also the camera is very basic, no macro for close ups ????

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, the iPhone 4 camera does indeed have digital zoom: Apple - iPhone 4 - About the 5-megapixel camera with LED flash

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Sorry, how does this disprove the idea that they don't work well together?

The exact and precise REASON why Apple has taken over the world (even the Windows world) with the iTunes Store is because of the tight integration with iTunes.

So use iTunes. It's a trivial matter to convert your other songs and movies to the format iTunes uses.

He means that he doesn't want to use iTunes. Believe it or not, there are some people whom love OS X but don't like iTunes or the proprietary way in which one has to use it in order to get files on and off their media apps etc.. I personally understand why Apple wants that system in place, and while I don't even like the principle of it, that's not why I don't use it. I just don't like it.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, the iPhone 4 camera does indeed have digital zoom: Apple - iPhone 4 - About the 5-megapixel camera with LED flash

Hope that helps.

Zooming has nothing to do with macro. Macro means being able to hold the lens/camera up to an object without zoom, and getting a clear/sharp image at a specific ratio such as 1:1 Most other phones are limited in their macro abilities, but they do offer some semblance of it. Moreover, digital zoom is mostly useless as things tend to get pixelated. Optical zoom would be nice, but that's not gonna happen.

Doug

C

chas_m

He means that he doesn't want to use iTunes. Believe it or not, there are some people whom love OS X but don't like iTunes or the proprietary way in which one has to use it in order to get files on and off their media apps etc.. I personally understand why Apple wants that system in place, and while I don't even like the principle of it, that's not why I don't use it. I just don't like it.

I understand that, but in the context of using it with an iPhone 4, I'm not aware of any other options. There are alternative photo managers, I think, but nothing I'm aware of that would replace iTunes for music or as a sync manager.

I have a certain amount of sympathy with the crowd who feel that iTunes has taken on too much (on the desktop), but on the iPhone itself it's pretty nicely broken out (iPod, App Store, iBooks, iTunes Store). Perhaps at some point Apple will do that with the desktop version.

Zooming has nothing to do with macro.

Yes, you're right. I didn't understand the poster's question on this point. I agree with your comments.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
How about you return the iPhone 4 and get a Nokia then since it has what you want?

Problem solved?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How about you return the iPhone 4 and get a Nokia then since it has what you want?

Problem solved?

That would certainly seem to be the ideal solution...especially after yesterday's announcements. Hassle free returns (no restocking fee).:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I mean seriously. 99% of his complaints are all things you would have known about beforehand if you even just glanced at the iPhone 4 page on Apple's site.

It's ridiculous to buy a phone that apparently doesn't have the features you want.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It's ridiculous to buy a phone that apparently doesn't have the features you want.

And then have the "rocks" to complain about it!;)

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook ali
hahahaha i was just pointing out apples fail in having an THE BEST PHONE out there. these are basic features on most other makes of phone deeerrrrrrr. how can you defend the product when they were on the verge off losing 1 billion for sending out millions of amazing new iphones that dont even work properly lol. never mind ehhh !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hahahaha i was just pointing out apples fail in having an THE BEST PHONE out there. these are basic features on most other makes of phone deeerrrrrrr. how can you defend the product when they were on the verge off losing 1 billion for sending out millions of amazing new iphones that dont even work properly lol. never mind ehhh !!

Ah, clear you're trolling now. I'm going to go ahead and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.