is it possible to upgrade macbook ghz?

Reaction score
like if i buy a macbook pro 2.26 ghz and get a macbook pro 2.56 ghz can i put the 2.56 ghz in the macbook pro and also both are 13 inch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
No, as the processor is soldered onto the motherboard. Although, I'm not too sure why you would swap the 2.56Ghz out of one 13" to put it in another 13"; you would just end up with what you had in the first place :S.

OP
D
Reaction score
no the whole motherboard and i ment like by the 2.56 motherboard of ebay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
no the whole motherboard and i ment like by the 2.56 motherboard of ebay

Oh, ok. I'm assuming they both use the same motherboard, so when connected it should work, but if it's a 13" MBP it's a uni-body, and I have no idea how you would open it up and change the motherboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
As long as the form factor is exactly the same, then I don't see it being a problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
It is plausible since im pretty sure they all us the same NVIDIA motherboard w/ processor, however this is a pretty big project. Motherboard swaps on a laptop are a pretty major project. Im sure the motherboard is very expensive too. I would think between the work and expenses itd be cheaper to sell it and buy another one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.