Yahoo! Sync username and password pop up...

eli

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently deleted my Yahoo! email account. I deleted it from the server and from my Mail and iPhone Mail. After that I keep getting this pop up asking for my Yahoo! username and password. I have tried everything I know to get rid of it. Any ideas???

eli

Reaction score
Yahoo! pop up box asking for password

I too am going through the same thing. I even got so frustrated that once I entered a password that cannot be mentioned here just to make myself feel better! :Angry: I deleted my account completely last week and of course they say it will take a few months for the account to be completely deleted.

Will someone PLEASE tell us how to get rid of this??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What are you doing when it pops up? What app is asking for the password?

Reaction score
Yahoo! Sync pop up.

Go into Address Book, Preferences, Accounts. In there you can turn on or off the syncs.

Reaction score
thanks

I've been getting the same annoying message popping up about Yahoo sync... I appreciate your solution! I sure hope it works.:)

Reaction score
yahoo sync/ address book

I've read how to turn off this annoying pop-up, but can't figure out where/which address book I'm suppose to be opening. Don't see anything in my Mac address book and can't find it in yahoo either. Please help!

Reaction score
Yahoo! pop up Solution

Thank you for posting an answer to this issue! I have also been experiencing this problem and tried everything! I am very pleased to see a question about this because it seemed there was nobody asking about this. FINALLY someone had a solution and it WORKED! Thank you! :D

Reaction score
Thank you so much!

Go into Address Book, Preferences, Accounts. In there you can turn on or off the syncs.

So simple to fix yet so annoying not knowing how to fix it, years with this issue now resolved. ;)

Reaction score
My problem is different, even after I signed out on my Yahoo mail, i'm still getting notifications on my phone. lol!! that's so weird

Reaction score
Yahoo Sync keeps popping up, asking for a password

Thank you, Mayrock, for the suggestion on how to stop the Yahoo Sync from popping up and asking for a password. I sure hope it works as it is really annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.