How much is my MacPro worth?

Reaction score
Hey guys, my names Joesph and I'm a new member. I wanna say thanks in advance to any help I get from this thread. You guys are awesome! I've spend many nights surfing your forum and finally decided to take the plunge and become a member. So, here we go... thought id ask the experts about my MacPros value. I have a mid 2009 MacPro 2.26 8-core 16gb ram 4/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7,200 HDs ATI Radeon HD 5870 Graphics Upgrade Kit and all the original stuff (box, dvds and keyboard/mouse) wanna know what its worth.... I also have logic pro and a few thousand dollars in software plug ins, but I don't know if i wanna sell logic and its goodies just yet... maybe for the right price. lol as a package deal. its in great condition and dont wanna get screwed when i put it up for sale on ebay. I would sell it here, but I don't have enough posts and what not... I completely understand, and wanna follow the rules. At least I can get an idea of its value (just the macpro minus the logic and stuff). Again.... Thanks!

Dr. T

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the correct forum as is does not belong in the "Lounge". We ask that you read forum descriptions and Sticky notices at the top of each forum before posting. Thanks.

And Welcome to the Mac Forums.

In order to get some idea of what your Mac Pro is worth, you can do several things: Look for like sales on eBay and Craig's List.

Go to the Mac2Sell web site and put in your Mac's specs and your location. That will give you some idea of its current value.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Believe it or not...the "Early 2009" 8-core 2.26ghz Mac Pro's with 6 gig of ram, 640gig HD, and the low-end GT 120 video card can still be found occasionally in the refurbished section on Apple's website. I think that they were going for $2699.

I actually just got a TERRIFIC deal recently on the model I described above for $1600.

Go to Mac2Sell.net as "chscag" suggested. It allows you to add the extra ram you have & the extra hard drives...but normally this does not boost the value too much. But since we're taking 16 gig of ram that may help.

The difficult part may be estimating the increased value of the better 5870 video card. Mac2Sell estimates don't adjust for a better or multiple video cards.

e-Bay may be your next best choice...since maybe you can find a system with specs similar to yours...and then get a better estimate.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks! you think I could get over $2,000? Just FYI I put all my stats in that website and its giving me over $2500... that cant be right? can it? couldn't find any similar on ebay at the moment. Im just scared of over pricing it or giving it away. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! you think I could get over $2,000? Just FYI I put all my stats in that website and its giving me over $2500... that cant be right? can it? couldn't find any similar on ebay at the moment. Im just scared of over pricing it or giving it away. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess.

I don't think $2500 would be unreasonable...why?:

- I watched a couple e-Bay auctions for the Mac Pro with the specs I listed earlier in this thread...and they were going for $2200.

- the lower spec./stock spec. Mac Pro I mentioned above sells (refurbished) at the Apple Store for $2699

- You have the much better video card, 16 gig of ram (versus the stock 6 gig)...and four 1-terabyte hard drives (versus the stock 640 meg).

So I think that you have a good shot at $2500...but it always depends on who's interested. If you get two or more people interested at the same time...you have a much better shot at a higher price.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Ok, well I'm going to take the plunge today and put it up on ebay. I'll let you know how it turns out.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, well I'm going to take the plunge today and put it up on ebay. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sounds great...good luck!

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.