What can you delete?

Reaction score
Is it ok to drag applications like Garageband to the trash. I'll never use it.. and my 250GB HDD is filling up quickly!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Is it ok to drag applications like Garageband to the trash. I'll never use it.. and my 250GB HDD is filling up quickly!

I was advised, rightly or wrongly, when asking the same sort of question on another forum about deleting Apple apps, that it was advisable to retain it because of shared libraries or somesuch. I transferred the unused Apple apps, like G'band for example, to an inexpensive external hard drive, and then I trashed/deleted the app from my Mac. Perhaps you might care to do the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yep. Only don't delete Quicktime, iTunes and app folders created outside of the "Applications" folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Yeah just make sure you dont delete anything to do with quicktime, it does more than just play videos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.