Can my computer get a virus?

Reaction score
Can my computer get a virus?

It seems really slow and I have been getting e-mails that say this is undeliverable, but I don't know the address it says it is undeliverable to.

If I can get a virus, please give me some advice.

THANKS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x Quad Core Xeon 3.0, 8 Gb RAM, 4TB Storage, 8800 GT
Get iantivirus, its free and works well. Oh! Of course you can get a virus. It is hard though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You can't get a virus because there are currently no viruses for OS X. Running antivirus is kind of pointless at this point. This is not to say that there will NEVER be one, but right now there is no way you have a virus.

Most likely you just need to do some maintenance, and the email problem is probably just junk mail.

OP
silvermac4108
Reaction score
You can't get a virus because there are currently no viruses for OS X. Running antivirus is kind of pointless at this point. This is not to say that there will NEVER be one, but right now there is no way you have a virus.

Most likely you just need to do some maintenance, and the email problem is probably just junk mail.

Please tell me what maintenance I can do...THANKS.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One thing you can do is launch "Disk Utility"...and click on "repair permissions".

- Nick

OP
silvermac4108
Reaction score
One thing you can do is launch "Disk Utility"...and click on "repair permissions".

- Nick
THANKS...I am new to Mac...well relatively new...since last December...can you tell me where to find disk utility please.

THANKS.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
THANKS...I am new to Mac...well relatively new...since last December...can you tell me where to find disk utility please.

THANKS.

Click on the magnify glass on the right hand corner, and type in Disk Utility.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Read the first link posted by harryb2448. Download the application linked to in the second link and run through some of the operation it has. If you feel uneasy about running things you don't understand, make a backup first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.