• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sims fans, unite!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
We need a thread just to discuss Sims games, whatever versions whatever consoles. Report events in your Sims families! Talk about Sims!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i loved playing the sims for a long time, sim city even more. my macbook won't handle them though. waiting/hoping for a PS3 version of SC since they finally decided it was ok to port civilization to the consoles - sim city shouldn't be a big deal.

OP
BlueMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i loved playing the sims for a long time, sim city even more. my macbook won't handle them though. waiting/hoping for a PS3 version of SC since they finally decided it was ok to port civilization to the consoles - sim city shouldn't be a big deal.

I agree.... Sim City is a classic. Great gameplay, and you actually learned some useful things! I used to play it on my laptop, and it was great. Graphics were superb.

OP
BlueMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'll tell you, i had a 15" HP laptop with integrated video and a 1.5" celeron and sims2 ran perfectly fine. sim city 4 on the other hand was a dog on that machine - it took my 17" HP with dedicated graphics and a 2.0 PIV to run that game well. of course i melted the video card on that one. ;P

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not that that helps me - but i do have simcity for the DS... ;)

OP
BlueMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i'll tell you, i had a 15" HP laptop with integrated video and a 1.5" celeron and sims2 ran perfectly fine.

Cool... what model was it? If you know.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my wife still has it, i'd have to check - but it's definitley about 4-5 years old, i want to say dv5000 or something...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.