How to suggest changes to OSX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
Does Apple have a page where users can suggest features in future versions of OSX? I have OS10.9.3 on a MacBook Pro. The "sleep" logon page offers two options below the logon password box, Cancel and Guest. I would like to suggest that Apple add a third, "Shut Down".

As it is now, if I want to shut down the laptop when I return after an absence long enough to have generated the "sleep" logon page, I have to log in and then click on the Apple icon and then on Shut Down. Admittedly, those few steps are just a minor inconvenience, but it seems this would be an easy "fix" and, to me at least, a welcome one.

So, again, is there an Apple "Suggestion Box"?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Probably somewhere on the Apple internet forums.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Certainly not here as this site has nothing to do with Apple and they do not monitor posts. Maybe if you have an Apple ID post it on Apple Discussions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Certainly not here as this site has nothing to do with Apple and they do not monitor posts. Maybe if you have an Apple ID post it on Apple Discussions.

Hi Harry et al - now, I know that this (and others) forum has no official relationship w/ Apple, and thus I would also comment in a similar fashion to a poster wanting to 'contact' Apple; but do you think that there are likely 'Apple People' who are members incognito and indeed monitor the threads?

Another example - I'm an active member of the iPad Forums, which has over a third of a million members - I cannot imagine that someone from Apple does not look at the site - wouldn't Steve Jobs insist on knowing what the 'people' feel about his products?

Now, I'm an amateur woodworker and belong to several related sites - a number of commercial sellers are active members, both participating and responding to posts - so, I guess that my 'bottom line' is that there are likely Apple people that indeed monitor some of these Apple computer sites (if not PC ones also) w/o revealing their identities - just wondering? Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well Dave have never seen an official response in I guess hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of posts but who knows?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
Thank you all for your comments, particularly Randy B. Singer, whose link is just what I was looking for!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.