using ipad screen for the iphone

Reaction score
Ok I think I can guess the answer to this - but i'd be kicking myself if it turned out there was a simple app solution.

I'm about to get an iphone4 (yes 4) and I was thinking of using it to tether to my ipad(3).
However, I really only want to use it to handle eMails and do some very light web browsing - basically stuff that i can do on the iphone anyway but, being of the aged persuasion, using the ipad would be much less taxing on my fingers, eyes and general patience!

The question is - do i actually need to tether to do these things, or is there some kind of app that will allow me to link the iphone to the ipad such that the ipad screen could be used instead of or to mirror the iphone screen?

Apologies if i'm asking for a technological impossibility here - i invariably find that stuff i think is fanciful is often quite easily achieved, while stuff I think must be a doddle turns out to be pie in the sky. I have a feeling this will fall into the latter camp, but I had to ask....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
As far as I know there isn't anything to link the two screens together but if you have Wifi you'd be able to do the emails/web browsing anyway. Or if you are outside your wifi range you could just connect the iPad to the iPhone via bluetooth and carry on using your iPhones data using the iPad

OP
L
Reaction score
As far as I know there isn't anything to link the two screens together but if you have Wifi you'd be able to do the emails/web browsing anyway. Or if you are outside your wifi range you could just connect the iPad to the iPhone via bluetooth and carry on using your iPhones data using the iPad

Hello Halo - Thanks for the feedback.... I have a small shed out in the sticks and away from any wifi centres where i retreat for a few days break every month - but i need to keep in contact with the real world too, hence the need to access email and internet browsing.
Connecting the two devices via WiFi is a great lead - thanks I'll look into that... much appreciated

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Hello Halo - Thanks for the feedback.... I have a small shed out in the sticks and away from any wifi centres where i retreat for a few days break every month - but i need to keep in contact with the real world too, hence the need to access email and internet browsing.
Connecting the two devices via WiFi is a great lead - thanks I'll look into that... much appreciated

Cheers

Do you have internet at home? If so, you can connect a wireless router to your modem and create a home network (wi-fi) to use your iPhone and iPad on when at home. Faster than 3G speeds that you're probably getting if you live in a rural area. Doubt you get 4G/LTE if you aren't close to a big city.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
You'd be surprised where you can manage to get LTE, I was in Antigua a few months back and thats just a small island, the LTE that is being rolled out there was blazing fast!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.