mobileme and gmail

Reaction score
Hi
up until a few days ago i had no problems synching with mobile me but then my husband had his gmail account hacked into and we went into his account and changed the password and some settings - then i realised that his email messages weren't showing up in my gmail account (i have them all come into 1 account - for convenience) so i went into my gmail account and updated his info on passwords and that worked fine BUT whatever i have done means that i am not getting all my gmail messages on my iphone (which is synched with mobileme ) I've fiddled with gmail settings/ reset my mobile me/ deleted then added my gmail and mobile me accounts on my iphone and I still have some messages missing on my iphone which i can see on my macbook mail programme and in my gmail web account.

Hope this makes sense to you and that somebody has an answer as i'm tearing my hair out!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I don't use MobileMe, What I do is I setup all 4 of my Gmail accounts through Microsoft Exchange they are instantly delivered to my iPhone and Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hi
up until a few days ago i had no problems synching with mobile me but then my husband had his gmail account hacked into and we went into his account and changed the password and some settings - then i realised that his email messages weren't showing up in my gmail account (i have them all come into 1 account - for convenience) so i went into my gmail account and updated his info on passwords and that worked fine BUT whatever i have done means that i am not getting all my gmail messages on my iphone (which is synched with mobileme ) I've fiddled with gmail settings/ reset my mobile me/ deleted then added my gmail and mobile me accounts on my iphone and I still have some messages missing on my iphone which i can see on my macbook mail programme and in my gmail web account.

Hope this makes sense to you and that somebody has an answer as i'm tearing my hair out!!

My G-mail does the same thing, Here is what you are seeing.

On your desktop GMail is a POP e-mail account. When you set it up on the iPhone however (either manually or suncing it via iTunes), it is an imap account. This is weird but it seems to be how G-mail works between devices when used in this manner. In order to get all messages on your phone, you need to have the e-mail on the desktop closed so it doesn't go out an query G-mail on a regular basis and download the e-mails there. Alternatly you can set Apple to no NOT delete the gmail e-mails from the serber when it downloads them. This will leave them on the server and your phone will get them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.