Keynote experts help!!!

Reaction score
So I'm putting together a presentation in Keynote but I can't seem to get a song (Theme to Rocky!) to play for the whole presentation. Of course it guits once I move to the next slide. Is there a way to keep a song playing in the background independent of changing slides?

Thanks,

Lee in Leesburg

Reaction score
So I'm putting together a presentation in Keynote but I can't seem to get a song (Theme to Rocky!) to play for the whole presentation. Of course it guits once I move to the next slide. Is there a way to keep a song playing in the background independent of changing slides?

Thanks,

Lee in Leesburg

I have absolutely no experience with this method or keynote as an app but how does this sound:

(1) print the slides from Keynote so you can see what’s coming
(2) export the slides as JPEGs
(3) import the slides into iMovie
(4) import the audio into iMovie
(5) using the bookmark function, listen to the audio, and bookmark where there is to be a slide change
(6) marking all the slides, extend their length to the maximum (30 seconds)
(7) then starting from the beginning, advance to the next bookmark; split the image (apple+T); delete the half to the right; and repeat to the end
(8) Export to mp4

M

MacHeadCase

I did a slideshow in Keynote with some of my photographs and with a tune playing in the background and had no problems. The only thing was that I had to play with the timing between slides because I wanted the words in the song to be cued with certain pictures as they appeared.

The only thing I can think of is that either your hardware barely makes minimum requirements or your tune is too heavy perhaps? Unless it's a previous version of Keynote? I have keynote from iWork 06 and I find it quite stable: heard of the previous version which was a bit flaky...

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

Pulse, funny I actually tried exactly what you said last night and it worked like a champ!

Lee

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.