Please help! Sim tray stuck - urgent!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 3Gs, iTouch and iClassic.
Hello

So I took my Sim Tray out to make a note of the Serial and IMEI number of my iPhone 3Gs.

Now, this is no excuse but I'm really jet lagged and obviously wasn't focused and I put my Sim Tray in backwards and put it in slightly, just enough for it to be locked in.

What can I do? I've rung Apple Care and they want £145 for the repair. This is a tiny piece of plastic which has barely entered the phone so I doubt it's damaged it internally.

Please help me out here, I'm panicking!

This is my first post.

Oliver

Photoon2010-07-22at18202.jpg

Photoon2010-07-22at1820.jpg

Photoon2010-07-22at1819.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Do you have a suction cup and really small screw driver?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
All you need to do is remove the the 2 screws at the bottom of the iPhone, Then with the suction cup place it down by the home button and gently pull up the display, Be careful because there 3 connections is upper right hand corner that need to disconnected, Once that's don't you can completely remove the display and dislodge the damaged sim tray.

OP
MyBrokeniPhone
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All you need to do is remove the the 2 screws at the bottom of the iPhone, Then with the suction cup place it down by the home button and gently pull up the display, Be careful because there 3 connections is upper right hand corner that need to disconnected, Once that's don't you can completely remove the display and dislodge the damaged sim tray.

Thank you so much, you just saved me £145!

I think I owe you a drink, sir.

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problem, If you need pics or a step by step guide go on over to iFixit.com

OP
MyBrokeniPhone
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problem, If you need pics or a step by step guide go on over to iFixit.com

Will be a good reference in the future.

My iPhone's little operation was a success and it's now connected to my network again, thank goodness!

Once again, thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.