Opinion as to best photo application

Reaction score
I HATE iphoto and dont use it. I currently have a folder called PHOTOS and in there I have sub-folders by alphabet and then have photos within each alphabetically...not working very well :\

I dont know what's out there. What's a good application that the mac has - I have the macbook pro and it came with iphoto and I tried using it but it wasnt very intuitive and I didnt like it AT ALL.

any insight and/or suggestions would be great.

THANKS!!!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I HATE iphoto and dont use it. I currently have a folder called PHOTOS and in there I have sub-folders by alphabet and then have photos within each alphabetically...not working very well :\

I dont know what's out there. What's a good application that the mac has - I have the macbook pro and it came with iphoto and I tried using it but it wasnt very intuitive and I didnt like it AT ALL.

any insight and/or suggestions would be great.

THANKS!!!

If you do a search you will find a number of threads discussing this topic. But, here are three popular alternatives to iPhoto:

Aperture
Adobe Lightroom
Picassa

You will find advocates for each here. My own preference is for Aperture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What didn't you like about iPhoto? Those details could be important in helping you pick an alternative.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.