Ios 6 ?!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
I heard that IOS 6 is coming out on the 23rd is this true? If so does anyone know what more they are bringing to the iPhone and iPad as I'm pretty sure that iOS 5 hasn't been out long

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Here you are - all the info you'll need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
iOS 6 won't be out for a few months. It was just announced. I'd expect no sooner than October for an actual release, but there is nothing in stone. iOS 5 has been out for almost a year now.

OP
Mac Mad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
Oh wow looks pretty good

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thread moved. Not a rumor or report. OP provided no link. Please read the Sticky Notice at the head of the Rumor and Reports forum before posting.

Reaction score
It's kind of surprising to me that facebook is getting directly integrated, anyone else feel this way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's many things...... but it's definitely not a surprise.

There are so many people with Facebook accounts, so many posts daily, it has huge internet penetration. The only thing surprising about it's integration is that it's taken this long to come.
Facebook has huge reach now. Nearly every blog, news site, forum, shop front has a Facebook login option. In the case of some apps and sites it's mandatory! I fully expect not to be able to open my car door without logging into Facebook soon.

But, for me at least, it's not that welcome. I does, however, look like it's 'under the bonnet' so you won't have the grinning F everywhere, just easy access to share and post from the activity menu, if that's your thing.

C

chas_m

For people who use Facebook, having it integrated will be a huge help.

For people who aren't on Facebook, it will be a complete non-issue, the same way Twitter integration is handled right now.

I am much amused by the people who get all bent out of shape about FB integration and threaten to quit Apple or something. It's pretty hilarious, you should see the looks on their faces when I point out that they've had Twitter integration all this time and the world didn't come to an end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I agree, thankfully Apple's handling of Twitter and FB integration has been typically low key. It's a shame others don't do the same..... Spotify!!! I'm looking at you ......

Reaction score
I agree, thankfully Apple's handling of Twitter and FB integration has been typically low key. It's a shame others don't do the same..... Spotify!!! I'm looking at you ......

I absolutely agree with your Spotify request, we can only hope right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
Facebook, Twitter? Phifff! What a wait of time. Like I really need to tell the whole world what I did today. Or they are really interested. I'd rather mow the lawn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Facebook, Twitter? Phifff! What a wait of time. Like I really need to tell the whole world what I did today. Or they are really interested. I'd rather mow the lawn.

The beauty of FB is that you only let those who you want, be able to see what you posted... I do this all the time only let close friends read some stuff i post and the crappy stuff goes out to the rest on my list.... And thats not "the whole world".

I can't believe people still feel this way, and if you have something like Social Fixer for Facebook fixes annoyances, adds features, and enhances existing functionality to make Facebook more fun and efficient installed as a extension, you can even grate it down more to your liking and not be tied down by FB rules..

Cheers

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Well I can take it a step farther, Getting on forums is a waste of time, you could be mowing the lawn, with your mate, shopping. You could say that any Smartphone is a Waste of time if you wanted to or a computer, TV Set, Stereo, iPod. :D

I have reconnected with many old friends from my school days on Facebook that I had no way to find and am very happy I am now able to keep in touch with them. That to me is not a waste of time.

Also a lot of people live in Apartments or Condos and don't have a lawn to mow! :D I miss mowing the lawn in fact. When I was a kid I earned $.50 a lawn and it was fun and good exercise. No power mower for me! :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Man after my own heart. Maybe we're getting too old for that stuff? :p

BTW, it's too miserably hot here in Texas for me to be mowing the lawn. I use a lawn service. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Man after my own heart. Maybe we're getting too old for that stuff? :p

BTW, it's too miserably hot here in Texas for me to be mowing the lawn. I use a lawn service. :)

Twitter I can't stand but FB has helped me in many ways.

How hot Charlie? It was 105º here and still at over 100º at 7PM!!

No lawns for me either! :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I lived in California (Victorville and San Bernardino) it was always around 100 F during the day, but the nights were cool. Also the climate was low humidity. Here in Texas the temps rarely go over 100 F during June but the humidity stays high and that makes it feel a lot hotter. July and August we get a lot of days with 100 + temps but somewhat dryer.

I've got a corner lot and there's grass all around plus plenty of edging which I hate to do. This year I decided to hire a lawn service. I hate spending the money but it's worth it if it reduces the wear and tear on me. :)

C

chas_m

You know the best thing about FB and Twitter (and the rest), and the integration of those services into iOS?

Here it is: if you're not a member this will make NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER TO YOU.

So spending time complaining about it just makes you look ... well, either overcompensating or a bit envious.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So spending time complaining about it just makes you look ... well, either overcompensating or a bit envious.

No one is complaining nor is anyone even caring about it. I and many others could care less about whether FB or Twitter even exist. Also, I really wish you would stop making assumptions and judgements about what other people who post on here say or think.

You generally post very good info which many of us appreciate but negate it with your attitude. Let's be a bit more friendly and polite to others.

C

chas_m

Gotta take the rough with the smooth, I'm afraid. Someone says something contemptuous I do make an effort to be as kind as possible but sometimes the truth will out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.