Computer Lab

Reaction score
I have recently taken over responsibility for a computer lab of 30 iMacs. I want to upgrade them all from Leopard to Snow Leopard. I'm wondering what the fastest way would be to get Snow Leopard on all the machines?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have recently taken over responsibility for a computer lab of 30 iMacs. I want to upgrade them all from Leopard to Snow Leopard. I'm wondering what the fastest way would be to get Snow Leopard on all the machines?

If each computer is a "stand alone" machine....sit down at computer #1, insert disk, repeat, repeat, repeat!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If their on a network, I am pretty sure there is a remote install option that's available (check under utilities) - but you may have to have one already up and running or a server - I've never done a remote install.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Have the students do it.

Good one! Of course students being students...you gotta rebel against "The-Man"...and proceed to mess up the installation!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel 2.4, 10.6.1, XP Partition | 1st Gen Time Capsule | 5th Gen 30GB iPod
Please don't take this the wrong way. But will you have full permission to do this? Are you autonomous from the IT department? If so, tell me how you did it. Thanks

P.S. If the answer was yes. By All Means, load them all up, even if it means one at a time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.