Mouse click sometimes does nothing

Reaction score
I am running OX 10.9.1 Mavericks on an early 2008 iMac with a Magic Mouse. Since installing the OX upgrade, sometimes seemingly with absolutely no pattern, when I click on a button on a web page nothing happens. Other buttons within that same page work perfectly. I have to close the page, exit the browser and re-open everything and then it seems to works fine. As I said, there seems to be no pattern to it, it happens on random web sites, again with no obvious pattern. I seem to be having more issues recently with dropping Bluetooth connections as well, keyboard, mouse as well as touch pad, could it be that the two issues are related? Thanks for ANY help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - I also have an iPad Air.
I am running OX 10.9.1 Mavericks on an early 2008 iMac with a Magic Mouse. Since installing the OX upgrade, sometimes seemingly with absolutely no pattern, when I click on a button on a web page nothing happens. Other buttons within that same page work perfectly. I have to close the page, exit the browser and re-open everything and then it seems to works fine. As I said, there seems to be no pattern to it, it happens on random web sites, again with no obvious pattern. I seem to be having more issues recently with dropping Bluetooth connections as well, keyboard, mouse as well as touch pad, could it be that the two issues are related? Thanks for ANY help.
Hello! Did you try a different browser? Have you checked your settings, browser, too? Although my setup is different, I hope it's ok to share my ideas. Hopefully someone who knows more about your machine can give you more specific advice.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ouietone, I didn't try a different browser, I guess I just never thought of the obvious. I certainly will give it a try and post the results here. I welcome any and all potential solutions, thanks for your thoughts and time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
How often do you boot your computer?

OP
A
Reaction score
How often do you boot your computer?

I re-boot every time it drops either the keyboard, trackpad or mouse, which is pretty frequently, maybe 6-8 times a week. It's the only way whatever bluetooth device dropped will re-connect. I just had to do it about ten minutes ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.