iTunes from Macbook to Macbook

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to send a bunch of iTunes/music from one macbook to another OR a macbook pro to a macbook/vice versa. NO firewire connections or anything. Also, an external hard drive that my friend uses for windows isn't working on my macbook in the sense that when I plug it in, it won't let me drag and drop files, or take any files. Why is this? If anyone has any answers please answer! Thanks!

Reaction score
You can take all music, movies and even album pictures. Just copy the itunes folder Username/music/Itunes into your macbook (using an external HD). If I remember it correctly Itunes will just pick it up. If not, just drag and drop the folder into your itunes. About your External HD, its probs setup for a windows machine, just format the disk using your mac.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah I realized that it was formatted to windows but if I reformat it everything will be lost so I bought a new external hard drive. As for the whole copying music thing I think I can just plug my external hard drive into someone else's macbook and put everything on because it works as a "Time Machine" so all I do is backup only music. Thanks again though!

You can take all music, movies and even album pictures. Just copy the itunes folder Username/music/Itunes into your macbook (using an external HD). If I remember it correctly Itunes will just pick it up. If not, just drag and drop the folder into your itunes. About your External HD, its probs setup for a windows machine, just format the disk using your mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.