iStat Menus - performance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
How does "Gatekeeper" operate in Mojave?

I don't know if I'll ever get to even try it out but, I imagine it will be even more locked-down and restricted with the direction Apple has been going lately with their OS.

Apple does have some suggestions for developers to allow their software to be installed here:
https://developer.apple.com/developer-id/

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
I don't know if I'll ever get to even try it out but, I imagine it will be even more locked-down and restricted with the direction Apple has been going lately with their OS.

Apple does have some suggestions for developers to allow their software to be installed here:
https://developer.apple.com/developer-id/

- Patrick
======
It's still not as bad as what Microsoft has in store for Windows. I came across this yesterday, https://www.computerworld.com/artic...ng-say-goodbye-to-your-pc-as-you-know-it.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's still not as bad as what Microsoft has in store for Windows. I came across this yesterday, …

Yikes!!! But I guess many can and will just stay using what they have.

I understand some are still using Windows 7 and I'm not sure what the Mac OS X equivalent would be to it…

EDIT: It looks like the equivalent would be Mac OS X Lion for Windows 7.

Hey, some members here are still happily using Snow Leopard just as I was less than a year ago. ;D

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You have to love Microsoft.... That line in the article that says Microsoft messed up its own apps (Word, Outlook, File Explorer) with its Spring update made me laugh. And now they want control of every Windows desktop. LOL I think I still have my old DOS disks laying around somewhere. :p

And today's business news says Apple had a great quarter. ;)

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hey Sly:

How does "Gatekeeper" operate in Mojave? Rumor is that it's more final (can't be changed) than from High Sierra.
I've only done a couple of installation since I started running the beta but here's what I've noticed so far:

1. Opening software downloaded from the eeb still triggers that warning asking whether to open the software, open a web, page or quit.
2. The Security & Privacy settings related to Gatekeeper seem to be the same as they werer under High Sierra.
3. If software is going to be asking for control of your mic or camera you are asked whether or not to give it permission.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hey Sly:

How does "Gatekeeper" operate in Mojave? Rumor is that it's more final (can't be changed) than from High Sierra.
I've only done a couple of installation since I started running the beta but here's what I've noticed so far:

1. Opening software downloaded from the eeb still triggers that warning asking whether to open the software, open a web, page or quit.
2. The Security & Privacy settings related to Gatekeeper seem to be the same as they werer under High Sierra.
3. If software is going to be asking for control of your mic or camera you are asked whether or not to give it permission.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

It looks like it's also forum double posting for you. Is that a new Mojave "feature"??? ;D

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.