Leopard, iLife, etc - what would you like to see?

Reaction score
To kick things off...

I like the look of Spaces, but am wondering if it'll be possible to have the same application open in different Spaces. The "sneak peak" on the Apple website doesn't seem to indicate this will be so, as it says you can click on the Dock icon to go to the Space in which a particular application is open. That'd be a shame, as I use some apps, such as Scrivener, for different projects that I'm working on at the same time.

Lots of new icons and eye candy in general.

An update to Automator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
You can only have one instance of an app open, even when using Spaces.

I'd like to see better Finder FTP integration, Finder able to disconnect gracefully from a networked drive, better Preview integration with Finder, more advanced Slideshow features, and drop the brushed metal.

New Front Row interface, similar to iTV's.

Eye candy can stay the same as far as I'm concerned, it's already pretty, any more and it might just get obnoxious.

Time Machine able to use a single partition of a drive, rather than the entire thing.

Tabbed Finder and Terminal.

That's about it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
PERFORMANCE! I want to see performance enhancements. Faster results on the same hardware through software optimizations. This would fly completely in the face of Microsoft's "more bloat" approach to software. Imagine the marketing Apple could do if Leopard ran faster and smaller than its predecessor while doing more! It would be perfect.

Meantime, I am a speed freak anyway, always looking for ways to make my machine run faster. An OS upgrade that helped would be wonderful.

Perhaps going 64 bit may help as well in this regard, but I have been conditioned to expect that this will not be the case.

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
You can only have one instance of an app open, even when using Spaces.

Yes, that makes sense when you say it like that. I guess what I mean is having different documents open in different Spaces...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.