lord

Reaction score
Help. Our old netgear router seems to be on it's way out.
We ve got a Macbook, iPad, iPhones, PC etc so thinking of getting AirPort Extreme: but it doesn't have a modem, right? So which one should I get?
Or would another router/modem do a good enough job? and if so, any recommendations?
Thanks.
ps I'm new here. What's a switcher? Am I in the wrong place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Modems are usually supplied by your provider some have a wireless router built in.
More info please what provider and models of current gear (router and modem)
Switcher is someone that has been using another OS such as Windows and Linux and
has decided to switch or add a Mac for their needs.
You probably should have put this in Internet Networking and Wireless but at this point don't crosspost and let a Mod decide.

Reaction score
I am on cable and I find the Cisco-Linksys Maximum Performance E4200 Dual-Band N Router works well for my wireless needs and I use this rather than the Virgin superhub for wireless. It copes with my NAS and sonos system with out a glitch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Another vote for Linskys modem/router 802.11N.

Reaction score
I am on cable and I find the Cisco-Linksys Maximum Performance E4200 Dual-Band N Router works well for my wireless needs and I use this rather than the Virgin superhub for wireless. It copes with my NAS and sonos system with out a glitch

I too own a e4200 linksys and it has been working fine with my macbook,iPhones and iPods. However I can't same the same about my samsung UN55C8000 TV and C6900 Samsung Blu-ray player.They are not compatible with these router, I've tried and everything to try to make it work with no success. So if you own any devices as the ones mentioned, Make sure they are compatible with 802.11N bands.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ok, this is killing me. What does "lord" as the title have to do with the content of the original post? (Always a good idea for there to be a relationship between the two...)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I know that some folks use the term "LORD" when they're really frustrated with something...so maybe this is the meaning.

A better or more descriptive thread title could have been used.

- Nick

Reaction score
"Oh lord" or "good lord" are the usual of course many of us use more "spicey" words when realy frustrated I think - but each to their own

Reaction score
+ of course the strange thread title did get us interested and look! So maybe a cunning ploy on the part of the OP!

Be nice to hace them feed back with outcome

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.