Question for those who have upgraded to 4.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Did the upgrade change the orientation switch on the side change to a mute button or is that jut a rumor? TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's not a rumor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
4.2 isnt released until the 24th November.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Developers have early access. There's at least one developer on these forums.
Exactly, the developers(and early adapters) were who I was asking. I know 4.2 will feature the same software orientation lock that the iPhone has, but I personally don't like it. I was hoping to get an iPad with the external orientation lock, but I guess that's not going to happen. I do wish they would let us choose which one would work better for us. Oh well:[

Thanks for the replies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
The screen orientation lock will be on the bottom of the screen along with the iPod controls --

ipad46.jpg

This is a real screen shot from my iPad (that has been registered with a developer) running iOS 4.2. You access the multi-tasking bar and iPod controls by double-tapping the Home button.

Reaction score
The screen orientation lock will be on the bottom of the screen along with the iPod controls --

ipad46.jpg

This is a real screen shot from my iPad (that has been registered with a developer) running iOS 4.2. You access the multi-tasking bar and iPod controls by double-tapping the Home button.

holy crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Im really confused now ..... Thought we weren't aloud to talk about iOS or OS developer's releases ??

10.6.6 downgrade ?!

You shouldn't be discussing a developer's release of 10.6.6 in this forum. If you're a developer and have legally received 10.6.6, you really need to discuss any bugs or other findings with Apple, not us.

Hello NDA meet Roeiboot. ;)

Can someone please confirm this ?? Schweb ??

Seems like a contradiction to me .....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
let it go...it's just a beta...ain't no harm...

Mate who are you to tell me to let it go ?? Huh

Im bringing it attention bc it seems like there are two rules/double standards.

It seems to be alright for some and not for others.
The person in the 10.6.6 thread was a Mod that pointed it out, but here in this thread it seems to be ok buy the same Mod.
Dont be sitting back behind your monitor telling me to let it be, when rules are rule ....
Im trying to get clarification if you dont mind

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'm with you TattooedMac. Any enforcement should be consistant.

This shouldn't be discussed. This is in line with other similar topics on this forum.

All developers have to sign up to a Non Disclosure Agreement reagarding beta releases. It's then illegal to publically discuss/disclose the details of the beta.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Doesn't matter now as 4.2 is out, but TM's question needs to be answered. The one day that I leave the iPad at home the release is available. Now, someone go download and report back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If software in the dev area is released as GM (gold master) then it's permissible to talk about since it's no longer under NDA and is slated for public release. Also discussion of features that have been made public by Apple is allowed.

4.2 is GM and therefore public. Xtools is also only available via dev download, but it's also permissible. OS X 10.7 is not permissible because it's still under the NDA as an example, same goes for 10.6.6 at this point.

Also in the future, if you feel a post is violating the rules, you can always use the "report post" function.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Doesn't matter now as 4.2 is out,

I see it on Apples page but iTunes is saying I am up to date. iPhone 3g which is flat out says the update works with. Wonder what is up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see it on Apples page but iTunes is saying I am up to date. iPhone 3g which is flat out says the update works with. Wonder what is up?

It's being released at 10:00 AM PT today.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Schweb, am I going completely blind? :D Does it say that on Apples page?

Nope, but company spokesmen have given that time to several news outlets.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope, but company spokesmen have given that time to several news outlets.

Sounds good. I don't know why I am so excited. Read through the features with my 3G not much will change. Oh well! :D

Thanks for the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.