• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What was your favourite Christmas present?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
What was your favourite Christmas present this year? For the first time in probably 10 years I didn't get any computer related stuff, I think that's mostly because I've converted to Mac and my dad didn't want to get me anything I couldn't/wouldn't use. I think my favourite gifts are a tie. I got a wrench set from my father in-law, which is great because my car has an odd sized drain plug (19mm), and I didn't have that size wrench, or any wrenches greater than 10mm (I've lived at my parents' house off and on for the last few years and haven't needed my own tools, but since I got married I finally got my own place for good, lol). I also got a sushi kit from my wife, with the little platters and the dish for the sauces, and I have fancy chopsticks of my own now. To some of you this may not be a big deal, but I like sushi probably more than most Japanese people... :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
1st post!

Got plenty of nice things, had a great day and then when we got home my girlfriend surprised me with a macbook 2.0 white core 2 duo! My 1st mac aswell. Very pleased to be a new switcher!
I'm currently charging it to calibrate the battery (been hanging around here for a while reading everything).
Sure I'll have plenty of questions soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
Got plenty of nice things, had a great day and then when we got home my girlfriend surprised me with a macbook 2.0 white core 2 duo! My 1st mac aswell. Very pleased to be a new switcher!
I'm currently charging it to calibrate the battery (been hanging around here for a while reading everything).
Sure I'll have plenty of questions soon!

Awsome gift!!! Keep your girlfriend forever she has to be cool to buy a mac. Anyways congrats on the mac and have fun switching!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Awsome gift!!! Keep your girlfriend forever she has to be cool to buy a mac. Anyways congrats on the mac and have fun switching!!!

She caught me completely off-gaurd, I really wasn't expecting it and am a little unsure what to do. I was hoping to get one some time next year and right now I just keep looking at it dumbstruck - I think I'll just take things slowly.

She didn't give it to me this morning for fear of me not leaving the house so it's gonna be a late night tonight now.

She's interested in switching too so were gonna get an Imac later in 2007 if everything goes to plan and finally get rid of this PC (Which, incidentally, has never caused me any major hassle).

Also, I got her a nintendo DS "lite" as a surprise present for when we got in... not much of a comparison...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
My GF suprised me with an M-Audio Keystation 49e USB/Midi Keyboard, so today I have been mostly trying to make some music with it :) . She's very musical, so it should be fun for us both.

My Mum got me a 1:18th scale R/C monster truck, so I had a fiddle with that this morning, however it's bl00dy freezing outside, so I didn't venture out with it for long :( ... Hoping tomorrow will be a bit warmer so I can take it out for a bash :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have any ?'s. PM me and I wil help you out. I have been an apple user for over a year but I'm new to this forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
If you have any ?'s. PM me and I wil help you out. I have been an apple user for over a year but I'm new to this forum.

Very much appreciated and I will certainly do so. Now how do I give you one of those rep points I've heard so much about.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very much appreciated and I will certainly do so. Now how do I give you one of those rep points I've heard so much about.....

Bottom left hand corner beside the red circle!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Sorry, to many kids might be on the site so I can't say!! Yowza!!! Thanks honey. As far as gifts, we got a PS3 on release day so that was our main gift. But I also got Metal Gear Soild Portable Ops for the PSP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got my PS3 a week after launch day. I really like though and would recommend it to anybody that is a fan of video games.

Reaction score
My husband also got me the M-Audio Keystation 49e USB/Midi Keyboard and I love it! He's a musician so anything I ask for that is music or computer-related, I usually get it, hee hee. I also got a MacCase sleeve for my Macbook, 2Gb USB flashdrive, headphone splitter, iPod carrying case, DVD-RWs, USB LCD light for the Mac and.... the iLap, which I also LOVE. Great Christmas for me... I got spoiled rotten! *grin* I spoiled him, too... 19" flatscreen monitor and other musical stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
I gave myself an early christmas present. 5 weeks ago I quit smoking. (after 25 years) This left tons of money for present for family.

daryl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great Job!!!!!

I gave myself an early christmas present. 5 weeks ago I quit smoking. (after 25 years) This left tons of money for present for family.

daryl

Good decision, I quit over a year ago I feel so much better and so does my wallet.

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

daryl

Congratulations! Definitely a good present for you and everyone you know. Besides the extra money you'll save, you're going to smell better (literally) and your sense of taste will be hyper-sensitive. All good benefits this time of year!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Good decision, I quit over a year ago I feel so much better and so does my wallet.

Not to sidetrack but the coolest thing is I set aside 300 a month into a separate account, next christmas might be in Hawaii.

daryl

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, it's not here yet, but I gifted myself a 2Ghz Refurbished 15.4" MacBook Pro. I'm hoping to get it this week. Aside from that, well, it hasn't been a stellar year as far as my Christmas list goes. Although I have gotten a few cool things, none of the major things I had on my list. I think I'm going to like my new JBL OnStage II for my iPod, but haven't tried it yet. I also got a Logitech Harmony remote, but again, I haven't had a chance to get it figured out yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I haven't celebrated Christmas with my family yet, so it was just my wife and I this year, which was really awesome actually :) She bought me the iH6 iHome alarm clock which rocks :) And then she's going to buy me some snowboard boots since my other ones are.. well really old and dead :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
my Favorite gift most have been my new monitor for my Mac Mini, a 20.1 Inch Widesceen, or Maybe My Apple Wireless Keyboard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.