Clean Install Failed, hardware or software problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I am getting the "installation failed - OSX could not be installed on your computer error" when I perform clean install my 2011 macbook pro.

I thought it was disk corruption and tried repairing disk and zero out my disk, but neither work. :Grimmace:

I don't think it's a problem with my installation cd because it don't have any scratch on it... I am pretty much stuck at this point... anyone got any ideas and can shed some light to this issue?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
After burning the disc, did you let it go through verification?

Maybe try building it as a USB flash drive instead?

Did you use this program to build the install disc?

OP
K
Reaction score
I burned a copy of mountain lion os (which I downloaded from pirate bay) with disk utility just to try if it's my hard ware that's failing and from memory, it did a verification after it's complete, but that didn't work either.

But I thought that maybe there is some kind of restriction with installing new OS that isn't the original macbook pro installation cd, (I tried to use the snow leopard installation cd from my brother's 2010 macbook pro and that didn't work)

Anyway I haven't try to use a USB flash drive yet and will try it now

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I burned a copy of mountain lion os (which I downloaded from pirate bay) with disk utility just to try if it's my hard ware that's failing and from memory, it did a verification after it's complete, but that didn't work either.

Really? You pirated it? I mean, it's got to be the cheapest OS upgrade ever.

But I thought that maybe there is some kind of restriction with installing new OS that isn't the original macbook pro installation cd, (I tried to use the snow leopard installation cd from my brother's 2010 macbook pro and that didn't work)

Anyway I haven't try to use a USB flash drive yet and will try it now

Good luck. We don't permit discussion of pirated software, so we're pretty much done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.