Cannot open Microscoft Outlook

Reaction score
I am using a MacBook Pro and Outlook 2010. 3 days ago I could not open my Outlook. I have rebooted multiple times. When I click on the Outlook icon it bounces a couple of times, but it will not open. There is not error message that accompanies this. Does anyone know who to fix this? I am desperate to get this back up and running again!!! Thanks so much in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Have you tried the database utility to see if there are issues there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
If you did a full install of Office 2011 you should have a "Microsoft Office 2011 Other" folder in applications. Within that folder you should have Microsoft Database Utility. Run that against your mail database. The database is more than likely named "Main" and it should pop up when you start the utility.

Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 9.40.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-04-01 at 9.40.31 AM.png

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you I found the folder - could you please describe to me how I would run that against my mail database? Would I click on Main Identity and "rebuild"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Thank you I found the folder - could you please describe to me how I would run that against my mail database? Would I click on Main Identity and "rebuild"?

Yes, click the identity and choose rebuild.

Reaction score
Thanks!

Just want to say thanks JohnCL, I was at a loss at what to do with the bouncing O and your post solved the issue perfectly!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.