iPhoto and text

C

chas_m

I'll never understand why people want to deface their ORIGINAL photos* with text.

*well, iPhoto won't actually let you do that, but it is what people think they want to do.

For those people who want to make DUPLICATES of their photos and deface them in various ways, there's the free Portraits & Prints, there is the aforementioned Keynote, or Pages, Photoshop/Elements, Pixelmator, and a dozen other such programs at least.

Reaction score
I'll never understand why people want to deface their ORIGINAL photos* with text.

*well, iPhoto won't actually let you do that, but it is what people think they want to do.

For those people who want to make DUPLICATES of their photos and deface them in various ways, there's the free Portraits & Prints, there is the aforementioned Keynote, or Pages, Photoshop/Elements, Pixelmator, and a dozen other such programs at least.

Christmas cards come to mind. ;)

C

chas_m

Christmas cards come to mind. ;)

A Christmas Card is not what I'm talking about at all. iPhoto doesn't let you write on the photo at all so you obviously can't do it there, and in order to use a program that DOES do captions you have to *make a copy of the photo,* which I don't have any problem with at all.

Pages can do this, the programs I already suggested, etc.

What boggles my mind are people who want to scrawl on their ONLY COPY of a digital photo IN IPHOTO.

Maybe it's just me, but to me that's like getting a tattoo ... someday, you'll look back on it and think "WTH was I thinking?" :)

(uh oh, here comes Tattooed Mac ... look busy everybody!) O:)

Reaction score
A Christmas Card is not what I'm talking about at all. iPhoto doesn't let you write on the photo at all so you obviously can't do it there, and in order to use a program that DOES do captions you have to *make a copy of the photo,* which I don't have any problem with at all.

Pages can do this, the programs I already suggested, etc.

What boggles my mind are people who want to scrawl on their ONLY COPY of a digital photo IN IPHOTO.

Maybe it's just me, but to me that's like getting a tattoo ... someday, you'll look back on it and think "WTH was I thinking?" :)

(uh oh, here comes Tattooed Mac ... look busy everybody!) O:)

Whoa! I am in agreeance on the photo portion, I was just giving a reason that someone might want to "scrawl" on a photo. ;)

If you look above, I mentione using Power Point or Keynote. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Putting "iphoto text" into Search would have brought you many answers to this very popular query.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.