Just recieved my Marware Protection pack, very disappointed.

Reaction score
Just recieved my Marware Protection pack from Amazon and Im very disappointed. The cloth that comes with it is very stiff. The wrist pad protector is folded in the box in such a way that I would have to flatten it out with heavy book in order to install it. For $20, this seems like a rip off. The wrist pad protector is also missing slots for the little "bumper" pads on the top of the LCD screen.

Since i havent installed it yet, Im looking for some feedback from users or people who may be using something else. I may just return this to Amazon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Those things have never appealed to me. Trust me, I am VERY protective of scratches and dings on my MBP but I always saw this as unnecessary. I care a lot more about the outside since that can get dings easily but where your hands rest? Unless your hands generally scape things up? I don't think it's worth at all. Just a personal opinion.

OP
A
Reaction score
Those things have never appealed to me. Trust me, I am VERY protective of scratches and dings on my MBP but I always saw this as unnecessary. I care a lot more about the outside since that can get dings easily but where your hands rest? Unless your hands generally scape things up? I don't think it's worth at all. Just a personal opinion.

Im not worried about scratches and dings, I wanted a soft wrist wrest. I understand why you are saying :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Have you considered moshi PalmGuard? It is a very good, high quality product that does what it say on the packaging.

I have one for my MBP, it blends perfectly with the aluminum. I barely notice it is there at all.

http://www.moshimonde.com/palmguard.htm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
already posted in your Macrumors thread :)

return it if your not happy. is it bent, or just folded like mine was?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i have two gauges out of the right side of the palm rest from scissors falling on it when i was twirling them around my finger (only if is wasnt stupid). maybe having it so weird things like that may help you out in the long run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
Have you considered moshi PalmGuard? It is a very good, high quality product that does what it say on the packaging.

I have one for my MBP, it blends perfectly with the aluminum. I barely notice it is there at all.

http://www.moshimonde.com/palmguard.htm

I had the Marware for my Powerbook and I didn't have a problem with it. I bought it from the Apple store and it wasn't folded.

Anyway, I highly recommend the Moshi. I have it on my MacBook, and its hard to tell it's even there, it doesn't stain either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Is it hard to get it lined up just right on the computer to install? Is it worth $28? I've got some annoying scratches right above the superdrive and I doubt
Applecare will cover them, even though they are more like the paint wearing away in tiny little spots than actual scratches.

OP
A
Reaction score
Is it hard to get it lined up just right on the computer to install? Is it worth $28? I've got some annoying scratches right above the superdrive and I doubt
Applecare will cover them, even though they are more like the paint wearing away in tiny little spots than actual scratches.

I returned the one I purchased, wasnt very impressed with the quality. Not sure what you mean by paint wearing away, do you have a MacBook Pro? If so, its not paint, more like rust...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Is that covered under Apple Care?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Macbook soon!
I never really liked them at all, I prefer Naked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.