Data Recovery after 2 years

Reaction score
Hello Everyone thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

A couple of years ago I upgraded my mac to OSX 10.5 and in the process wiped out a bunch of home videos that are very dear to me. At the time I tried some data recovery options and just found it to be a dead end. To be honest I didn't try very hard.

Recently I've decided to give it another go but I wanted to see if it was even possible. I've been using my computer every since i reformatted and installed the new OS so chances are the data maybe over written right?
So is there some sort of powerful data recovery software that can find my old home videos or is this a lost cause?

thanks a bunch everyone

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
After 2years of use and re installation, sorry my friend.... this is a lost cause!

C

chas_m

On the off chance that you want a second opinion, here it is: it's a completely lost cause. The CIA themselves could not retrieve a frame of that video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And you really do not need a third opinion to tell you it is gone forever!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
On the off chance that you want a second opinion, here it is: it's a completely lost cause. The CIA themselves could not retrieve a frame of that video.

The "NCIS" team can do it easily. Haven't you been watching their re-runs on TV? ;P

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The "NCIS" team can do it easily. Haven't you been watching their re-runs on TV? ;P

Regards.

Yea for sure .... Go for it Abbie ...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Are you knocking Abbie? ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
you know I have seen some threads take a wild turn but....WOW ! Oh and yes in a heart beat !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.