Just Installed XP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz, 1GB (two 512MB SO-DIMMs) MacBook
My daughter needed Office '07 for one of her CS classes so I purchased XP SP2 tonight and downloaded the OS and Office '07 with no problems. Bootcamp Installer made this go extremely well and everything works as it should. The daughter's MB is the first Apple product in the house, but will not be the last. I have already made my Christmas requests for a new MB for me. Worst case, I will buy it myself.:D

I know this is not new news, but I wanted to share my joy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Glad everything went well and you are enjoying it but you could have purchased Office 2008 for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Or used something like Open Office which is free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Glad everything went well and you are enjoying it but you could have purchased Office 2008 for Mac?

Or used something like Open Office which is free.

The problem with both of these solutions is this:

Neither provide the same macros as 2007 does. If her class uses these macros it drastically complicates things.

OP
Sirius Rich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 GHz, 1GB (two 512MB SO-DIMMs) MacBook

I asked the daughter that same question and she said the professor told her to use MS Office 07. Not a total waste as you get three licenses for the software and the son used the programs as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.