click on links not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.6.7 purchased 7/11/11
newbie to mac. when I click on a link in an email it takes me to my system preferences....help!!!!

C

chas_m

That seems odd.

Are you on Lion? Have you specified Safari (or whatever) as your default browser yet?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.6.7 purchased 7/11/11
Bingo! You are da man! I had it set to Safari but somehow I must have reset to system preferences by mistake. I am new to Mac and not used to the settings. Thanks again. Hope you are around when I have another question. And I do. How can I have all the senders automatically entered into my address book? Thanks.

C

chas_m

Bingo! You are da man! I had it set to Safari but somehow I must have reset to system preferences by mistake. I am new to Mac and not used to the settings. Thanks again. Hope you are around when I have another question. And I do. How can I have all the senders automatically entered into my address book? Thanks.

Very good question, and I have an answer! It applies to both Lion and Snow Leopard, but in Lion the menubar is hidden if Mail is full-screen, so remember to mouse up to where the menubar should be to reveal it.

Anyway, in Mail there is a menubar item called "Window" and a selection called "Previous Recipients." This is all the people who have sent you stuff (caution: this is ALL the people who have sent you stuff, including spammers and other unwanted senders). Select "Previous Recipients," select the names in the window you want to move to Address Book (or select all then DEselect any names you DON'T want in Address Book) and press the appropriate button. Easy-peasy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.