Microsoft IE, what if I HAVE to?

Reaction score
There's a program I really want to use for my biz, and it requires Microsfot IE 5 or later. Ugh. I've done my very best to keep all things Microsoft off of my computer (I did break down & install office, because, well... I had to do it). Will I be setting my system up for problems if I install IE on my MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
No, because the only way to setup IE on a Mac is:
a) install windows in bootcamp ( depending on your OS X version ) and boot directly to windows.
b) install windows inside a virtual machine running on OS X

Having said that, I would like to suggest that whatever app your looking at, I would look for an alternative that allows other browsers as well.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Without using Windows in either Bootcamp or a VM you can not install IE on a Mac you can however emulate IE using Develop in Safari.
If you listed the program a better response may be possible.
McBie types faster than I.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've done my very best to keep all things Microsoft off of my computer (I did break down & install office, because, well... I had to do it).
Why? There's nothing wrong with having MS software on your machine.

As noted, the best way to do this would be through a virtual machine or Boot Camp (both of which will require Windows). However, you could try something like CrossOver which may or may not work depending on your requirements. As osxx asked, what are you trying to view that requires IE?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.