Using 13inch macbook w/o battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13-inch Mid 2007 | 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo | 3GB Ram | 250GB Hard Drive | 2nd Hard Drive 80GB
I have a 13 inch a1181 and im always at home. To preserve the battery im gonna start using my macbook without the battery. Is this ok? I have a long cord so im not worried about it coming out. What do you guys think?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13-inch Mid 2007 | 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo | 3GB Ram | 250GB Hard Drive | 2nd Hard Drive 80GB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You don't need to remove the battery to preserve the life anyway, as it stops charging once it is full.
Adding to that if you know out the charger without the battery in, you will lose power and whatever you are working on at the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Battery stops charging once it is fully charged, so not having it installed will not prolong the battery life.
Also, if you accidentally knock out the charger, you will not only lose power, but also any unsaved changes to what you are working on.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Battery stops charging once it is fully charged, so not having it installed will not prolong the battery life.
Also, if you accidentally knock out the charger, you will not only lose power, but also any unsaved changes to what you are working on.

So its not like on PCs when you keep the laptop plugged in always the battery will go bad?

Reaction score
So its not like on PCs when you keep the laptop plugged in always the battery will go bad?
It's exactly the same as on PCs. If you leave the laptop plugged in, the battery will stop charging once it's full.

Nothing magical or special about a Mac's battery and charging system - it's identical to every other PC laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.