mobile me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
Hi

I've had mobileme since the .mac days, but feel that now I'm near renewal time, i'm reviewing it's usefulness.

Whether it's worth the expense never bothered me at all before, but feel iWeb
is so very much in need of an overhaul, mobileme online is slow and clunky and mail you can always get for free.

Anybody agree, or want to talk me out of it? - any devotees or anti's?

I've a small blog and publishing is still a breeze, but not sure anymore.

Regards

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
Rumor backs MobileMe revamp in April, current version split | Electronista

I would strongly recommend sticking around for a while. Steve himself promised a spring update to MM.

Personally I would be lost with MM, particularly the gallery, sync and IMAP features. I particularly appreciate the lack of advertising and data-mining that others (coughGOOGLEcough) make the centerpiece of their "free" services.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I reckon I will renew, especially since I've just bought Apple TV, and Mobileme is right in there. My main gripe is actually iWeb which although not
part of MM, it integrates with it, for my publishing.

Right now Safari crashes when I visit my own iWeb site, and haven't figured out why?. This doesn't bode well for PC visitors who have IE as a browser, which makes visiting my Blog, practically impossible because of similar crashes.

This is a Java type problem that I've always had since day one with iWeb, and wish it was updated, as among other things like clunkiness, the interface etc, has cobwebs.

Kind regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.