problem with disk drive

Reaction score
When i put a dvd into my disk drive it didnt show up on my desktop and wouldnt appear in finder and now wont eject. I've tried restarting while holding the mouse and trying to eject it from i tunes but nothing happens. When the computer starts up it spins the disk but wont recognize it. I have a macbook OS X, if anyone could help me with this i'd greatly appreciate it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Hold the eject button when you reboot your machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like another laptop with a failed optical drive. Pop in your original system disc and run Apple Hardware Test.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Sounds like another laptop with a failed optical drive. Pop in your original system disc and run Apple Hardware Test.

if hes got a disc stuck in the drive hes kinda gotta get it out before trying to stick another one in. lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.