Too good to be true?

Reaction score
So I've been wanting to make the big switch for a while now but I've been holding out to buy my iMac until Macworld comes around. Today while I was on Craigslist I found someone selling their MB. Since I know pretty much nothing on the older MBs I was wondering if any of can tell me if this is too good to be true. Thanks in advance. Here is what they posted on CL:

It has been very well taken care of, and runs like New. I want $475 for the laptop. The screen is in perfect condition with no dead pixels or scratches. The keyboard, palm rest, and interior are in mint condition as well.

Built-in Built-in Ethernet
Built-in AirPort Extreme (wireless ready)
Built-in Bluetooth
Illuminated keyboard
Firewire 400 port
2 USB 2.0 ports
Lithium-ion battery for up to 6 hours of running time
Built-in iSight camera
Bought new in February 2008
Under Applecare until February 2010
2.2 GHz core 2 duo processor
2 GB of Ram
120 GB hard disk
Superdrive
15.4" display
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 128 MB of memory

Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard and Windows Vista Business
iLife 08 applications, Quicken 2006, and Microsoft Office 2004

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
go ahead and email them, but my guess is your reply will be something about how they are out of the country and have to do the deal in a certain way.

Most of the time if it sounds to good to be true it is, but every once in a while you can stumble upon an incredible deal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Yeah, thats a MBP. No way in **** would any sane person lose that much in a few months just because the new model is out.

You can tell it is a MBP because of both the illuminated keyboard and dedicated 8600GT graphics. MB has integrated intel graphics - until now that is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
good point I didnt even read all the specs 15.4" screen is also on the list.... almost certainly a scam

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the insight to this. I did send an email asking if they are in town and what not. The ad said it was located in Monterey and alot of people out here are rich enough to take the loss of money. Thanks once again. God I can't wait until I get my iMac and get on board w/ y'all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
haha ya scam :p

true story: My friend was looking up laptops and called on a MB that was 300 dollars. I told him it was a scam but turns out it was passed down to someone who was older and didn't know what it was worth and he got it. Simply amazing :[ .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha ya scam :p

true story: My friend was looking up laptops and called on a MB that was 300 dollars. I told him it was a scam but turns out it was passed down to someone who was older and didn't know what it was worth and he got it. Simply amazing :[ .

exactly why I said it is always worth looking into.. some people just dont know or dont care enough to ask for top dollar.

Thats why scam or not I always email or call on to good to be true deals just incase it turns out to be true... ::crosses fingers::

OP
R
Reaction score
Impossible to tell now as the listing on CL is no longer up and no response back from the person. I was really getting interested to see if this was a scam or just some idiot who didn't know what they had (hoping for the latter though).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No longer up and no response? Almost certainly a scam...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.