How to find apps after install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I just installed Adobe's Flash and Shockwave players in Leopard. However, once installed, they seem to disappear. I tried looking in Finder > Applications but no luck. I even tried a search in the hard drive. So, how am I supposed to find and open these apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Strictly speaking they're not Applications but Plugins that work with your browser or other applications. If you use Spotlight it should reveal where both those players are, for example, Shockwave 10 is in Library/Application Support.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
Strictly speaking they're not Applications but Plugins that work with your browser or other applications. If you use Spotlight it should reveal where both those players are, for example, Shockwave 10 is in Library/Application Support.

How do I access Spotlight? Is it just the Help search in the top menu bar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
How do I access Spotlight? Is it just the Help search in the top menu bar?

I note you're using Leopard (I have Tiger), and I thought Spotlight was retained in 10.5. If so, it's a blue circle with a magnifying glass in it and may be found in the top-right corner of the Finder menu bar.

Look too in System Preferences as it's part of the OS rather than a separate application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Its still in Leopard. Right corner. Its just a magnifying glass.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.