Can you buy "AppleCare" after purchase? Is it cheaper at purchase?

Reaction score
Can you purchase AppleCare after purchasing a laptop? Do they charge more money if you decide to purchase later?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yes to your first question, no to your second.

You can buy Applecare up to a year after you have bought your laptop. However, regardless of when you buy it, it still only adds two years to the one year standard warranty.

If you're a student, you might want to take a look at the educational discount as it takes off a rather significant chunk off the Applecare price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Has anyone purchased this through ebay? there are quite a few sellers with good reps selling it for much less than through apple. Even my local reseller has it at a discount - though not as low as ebay.

Reaction score
I bought my Macbook Pro 17 and applecare through Amazon. Buying them together knocked 50 dollars off the total price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I purchased my applecare for my iMac after 90 days..Don't know why I just got a good deal
I didn't trust myself to not mess up and have to call after the first 90 days

Still everything is still working and I hav...........................Only joking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.0GHz CD | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD | SuperDrive | iPod 3G 20GB
Has anyone purchased this through ebay? there are quite a few sellers with good reps selling it for much less than through apple. Even my local reseller has it at a discount - though not as low as ebay.

I'd like to know that too. I've seen a few people selling AppleCare on eBay at almost 75% off!! I'm thinking there's gotta be some catch to it :yinyang:

Reaction score
I've purchased a copy for my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro systems within the last 2 weeks. Both from Ebay good prices both were accepted during the registration process without a problem.

Just make sure the Ebay seller is reputable

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.