Slammed iPod into car door

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this goes here, so my apologies ahead of time if it doesn't.
I was getting into a car and my iPod was in my coat pocket, and my grandmother is a very crazy driver so she started backing up before I was even in the car, causing me to close the door quickly. Much to my dismay, my coat got caught in the door.
It still plays music and the back light comes on, however it's just a completely white screen. Is there any way this can get fixed or is it stuck like this?

Thanks! :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was getting into a car and my iPod was in my coat pocket, and my grandmother is a very crazy driver so she started backing up before I was even in the car, causing me to close the door quickly.

I like how grandma gets blamed for this!;)

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
hahahaha :)
Of course I didn't mean it like that, it wasn't really anyones fault. Just an accident, and such things happen. I really hope I can somehow fix this, I'm getting tired of the luck of the draw when it comes to picking music!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
You could probably send it to Apple (or bring it to an Apple store), but because it was something avoidable, I doubt any warranty would cover it - so cost may be an issue - depending on the iPod and level of damage, it may be cheaper to replace then to fix.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sounds like a good excuse to get the new model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 3.06, 4 GB Ram,
parents alberts

LMAO,

This actually happened to me, but I was getting out of my car, and swung around to slam the door shut, my coat got caught between the car door and the car and the door just bounced back at me. I was like...***... and then immediatly knew lol. It still works today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
You could probably send it to Apple (or bring it to an Apple store), but because it was something avoidable, I doubt any warranty would cover it - so cost may be an issue - depending on the iPod and level of damage, it may be cheaper to replace then to fix.

I think that pretty much sums the situation up. I'm betting the repair cost will be more than the unit is worth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
reminds me of the time when I slammed into a pole with my 32gb Zune back when it first released, while I was getting into down hill mountain biking..sorry about your experience..hey also makes me wonder where my ipod is right now..hmm

Reaction score
iPod

If you're good with tools there are a number of companies that sell replacement parts on the web. You go try that route if you don't want to buy a new one or there is also the refurb store, ebay, etc. good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.