Image size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.5.4
When I fiirst open up, I find the image is too large for the screen.
I can reduce it, but not permanently. How do I this size reduction permanent?

I have an iMac OS X 10.5.8, and generally use SAFARI as a browser.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I'm guessing at what you're asking... You are going to some web site with Safari, and looking at images there?

You can't adjust the size of images permanently, because you can't change the size/dimensions of images stored on the server by the owner of that site.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.5.4
Sorry, didn't explain well. Any image I open is oversize, and all content at borders is in oversize portion. I can reduce by Command,- but I have to do this manually, and for every image.
What I want is for all images to fit screen size automatically.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Sorry, didn't explain well. Any image I open is oversize, and all content at borders is in oversize portion. I can reduce by Command,- but I have to do this manually, and for every image.

Hello - your explanation is still not clear, i.e. where are these images coming from (e.g. the web, loaded onto your computer from your own photos, sent to you via email, or another source), and in what application(s) are you viewing these images? Dave :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

What resolution are you running the iMac at? It almost sounds like you have your display resolution set too low which will lead to all graphics being too large and possibly distorted.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.5.4
I think you have probably identified the cause. My problem there is the next lowest resolution is too small. Any way of fine-tuning it to an intermediate resolution? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I think you have probably identified the cause. My problem there is the next lowest resolution is too small. Any way of fine-tuning it to an intermediate resolution? Thanks.

I'm assuming that you 'increased' the resolution, i.e. added more pixels to your computer's screen. Please provide further information on the specs of your computer, i.e. the model and year; also, what resolution was the computer set for when you had the issues and what resolution did you try that is now making the text 'too small' (this should be two numbers like 1024 x 768)?

In addition, is this a new occurrence and/or a 'new' computer for you (you are running an old version of Mac OS X)? Do you have any visual problems that might need to be addressed? Answers to these questions will help. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.