MacBook Pro CPU Bumps?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick question: I have been holding on getting my new Mac just because "I heard" that the 17'' models were going to get a tiny CPU upgrade. Supposedly it has been over 215 days since the last upgrade and that is precisely end of September, early October. However, nothing has been done and I believe this is just a big lie.

What do you guys think? :|

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Quick question: I have been holding on getting my new Mac just because "I heard" that the 17'' models were going to get a tiny CPU upgrade. Supposedly it has been over 215 days since the last upgrade and that is precisely end of September, early October. However, nothing has been done and I believe this is just a big lie.

I wouldn't go as far to say that rumors are lies...rumors are rumors...and that's it.

If you need a computer now...buy it now. New models could come out tomorrow, in a month, or 6 months...no one knows.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: Moved here as this does not qualify as an "Apple Rumor or Report". We ask that you read the forum description and Sticky notice at the top of the forum before posting. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.