Download Straight To Desktop

Reaction score
Hi! Can I download straight to my desktop? And if so How would I do that. I downloaded some ready-made Websites and they are telling me to right-click the zip file (which I can't find any with zip in them only folders titled "template 1" "template 2" etc.

I really need help! Does this even make sense? THANKS!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Look in Safari Preferences(assuming Safari is your browser), General Tab. Second from the bottom, you can set your download location.

OP
I
Reaction score
Mighty Gem

Thank you so much for replying!! I have done that. What I did was download 3 ready-made websites and ended up with blue folders being downloaded. I can't seem to access them and I know that Wordpress is involved to install the themes for each.

It tells me to "save to desktop" in the instructions for installing the themes but how can I do that when I can't access the websites to do that!!!

I am really sorry if I am confusing you but it's because I am!!! Hehe.

I really don't expect you to know what the heck I am talking about! Sorry. Can you tell I'm new?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I really don't expect you to know what the heck I am talking about!
I think you might be right there, sorry. :D

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Can you link us to the instructions? That would probably help us figure out what you're trying to do.

C

chas_m

Hi! Can I download straight to my desktop?

Yes.

And if so How would I do that.

See the other posts above. BE CAUTIOUS that you don't get in the habit of just piling all your crap on the desktop, this can have a very detrimental effect on the machine over time. By all means use the desktop as a "way station" for DLed files, but then file them properly where they should go.

I downloaded some ready-made Websites and they are telling me to right-click the zip file (which I can't find any with zip in them only folders titled "template 1" "template 2" etc.

Safari is unzipping the ZIP file for you automatically. So no need to unzip.

In your later messages you refer to these files being Wordpress templates. That likely means you need to have Wordpress installed and running on your computer before those folders will mean much or do anything. Be aware that installing Wordpress on your computer and setting up a website there will require you to run your computer 24/7, no sleeping. You'll be turning your personal computer into a web server -- there are some risks and consequences to that you should be aware of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.