Random noises/voices

Reaction score
Hi i really need help... I have been hearing random noises and voices coming out from my Mac laptop. I brought it last year and it has Mac OS X 10.5.8... It sounded like it was from a video.. oh and a popping noises when someone gives you a message from facebook...... It even sounded like a loud purr at one stage. Anyway... when it happened i hid all my applications that was open and... nothing was there. The noises sometimes goes on for like a few seconds. I dont now what the problem is and i dont now where the source is coming from. I went over to the Mac shop and he said that he needs the source so they can eliminate it... He also said that i could be that voice over application... but it wasnt even close to that noise... >.<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
So, you've already made sure that VoiceOver is off?

What is checked under Sound Effects in the Sound prefs panel? Play with those.

OP
I
Reaction score
Im so lost...

I just tried it again and it wasn't those applications that was causing the noise... Last night it happened again and it was a female fluent english and it seriously sounded like she was interacting with something... You now like in the movies. ><"

Reaction score
I thought it was my macbook as well but it turned out to be voices in my head. :p

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

OP
I
Reaction score
I am not imagining it.

That's okay. But I'm serious here... The random noises/voices is getting annoying... and I researched put on the net saying that it could be a spy ware, widget, and poor speakers... But I don’t think its those... I deleted all the widget that was unnecessary... Also, this was happening a while back everyday around 3.... and when i mentioned in front of the laptop that i was going to get it checked it stopped... >.> And now since last week it started back again. But this time it's after midnight. I seriously think it's spyware... dammit.. I cant even find that stupid thing. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The best I can advise without hearing it, or having a look at your system, keep activity monitor open, and when this is happening, take a screen shot and post it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
There's more about this issue on M-F, but I'm darned if I can find it. Turned out it was the remnants of a game app that had been deleted. Another example to crop up was a radio station that had been used.

If you're using wireless, make sure it's secure and that your connection isn't being pirated.

Check your SysPrefs > Accounts > Login Items to see if anything there might be the cause of the mystery noises.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
or somthing... >.> and that went on for like a few seconds until i turned on the iantivirus to scan... >,<"
The above from your post on the other thread - try getting rid of the antivirus stuff - you don't need it and then the voices could well disappear. Read threads on Forum re antivirus - generally considered more trouble than they are worth.

OP
I
Reaction score
I got it because it was making that funky noise...I'll delete that now. Anyway i finally got the reading from the noise/random thing...

Picture 17.png

OP
I
Reaction score
Random voice/noise

The best I can advise without hearing it, or having a look at your system, keep activity monitor open, and when this is happening, take a screen shot and post it!

Okay here it is. :D Click to enlarge it.

Picture 17.png

C

chas_m

It's not spyware. For starters, Macs don't have any. But even if they did, the idea behind spyware is to be SNEAKY. Announcing oneself doesn't really sound like something a spy would do, does it?

Check your date/time settings to be sure you don't have the time set to announce itself, check the VoiceOver and Universal Access settings to make sure they're turned off.

Get in the habit of quitting all the apps you're not using when you're done with them. I'll bet anything that makes the "noises" go away, which will prove that it was something on your end all along.

OP
I
Reaction score
It's not spyware. For starters, Macs don't have any. But even if they did, the idea behind spyware is to be SNEAKY. Announcing oneself doesn't really sound like something a spy would do, does it?

Check your date/time settings to be sure you don't have the time set to announce itself, check the VoiceOver and Universal Access settings to make sure they're turned off.

Get in the habit of quitting all the apps you're not using when you're done with them. I'll bet anything that makes the "noises" go away, which will prove that it was something on your end all along.

Yeah... When it goes on tomorrow i will cancel all the app... See how it goes from there.... >.>"

OP
I
Reaction score
I thought it was my macbook as well but it turned out to be voices in my head. :p

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

There's more about this issue on M-F, but I'm darned if I can find it. Turned out it was the remnants of a game app that had been deleted. Another example to crop up was a radio station that had been used.

If you're using wireless, make sure it's secure and that your connection isn't being pirated.

Check your SysPrefs > Accounts > Login Items to see if anything there might be the cause of the mystery noises.

Ummm whats M-F? MAc forum? But if that is the case... im allready here 8D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ummm whats M-F? MAc forum? But if that is the case... im allready here 8D

Yeah, it's mac-forums.com, or M-F for short, except on weekends. :D

hugh means using the Search button for other threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
oh and a popping noises when someone gives you a message from facebook......

Haha, dude that's normal. Facbook chat makes a little pop noise when you receive a new chat message...

:D

OP
I
Reaction score
Haha, dude that's normal. Facbook chat makes a little pop noise when you receive a new chat message...

:D

Ummm... .>.>" At that time. I didnt have facebook on.... It wasnt even logged on to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Have you considered simply re-installing the OS? That might fix whatever is going wrong...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Rather than reinstall try downloading and installing this but get rid of the anit virus stuff first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Can you tell us what this gorgeous english speaking female is saying ??

If you could post a sentence or a paragraph that she has said, people here might be able to pin point a particular App for you ...

Just a suggestion :)

Cheers

OP
I
Reaction score
Yeah, it's mac-forums.com, or M-F for short, except on weekends. :D

hugh means using the Search button for other threads.

I am not trying to be nasty but I'm starting to be concerned about this. Cause at the end of the invisible video clip (which happened just now), there was a very quick "Go out with me" different male voice. Completely different from the invisible video clip. I tried to find other source. but i wasn't too sure about it since it was talking about Window as well. >.> If you be so kind, can you link me the page? Thank you.

Picture 22.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.