Which to buy: Macbook or Macbook pro. Opinions?

Reaction score
I need to get a laptop. I'm back and forth between two places a lot and don't want to be cut off from my writing, maintaining my website and getting email, etc. I'm thinking just a macbook is sufficient for me. I would get the 2.4ghz 13" white.

Any reasons why this is not a good choice? They're still well made and reliable? I don't think I will mind at all if it's not as blindingly fast as the Pro; I just want to know if there are any specific reliability issues with the Macbook.

Thanks for any responses!

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Wait until tomorrow (or later today for me). There is going to be a big announcement about MacBooks maybe even a revamp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
For the tasks you've listed, I think the Macbook would suit you quite nicely. A little RAM upgrade and it should last you a long while. A MBP would be overkill for email, writing, and web-design, so you can save yourself some money and go with the MB.

Sean

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
For the tasks you've listed, I think the Macbook would suit you quite nicely. A little RAM upgrade and it should last you a long while. A MBP would be overkill for email, writing, and web-design, so you can save yourself some money and go with the MB.

Sean

Thank you Sean!

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
Wait until tomorrow (or later today for me). There is going to be a big announcement about MacBooks maybe even a revamp.

Thanks B&O. What are we waiting for? What would the revamp mean if you were buying a Macbook tomorrow? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Thanks B&O. What are we waiting for? What would the revamp mean if you were buying a Macbook tomorrow? Thanks.

Sometimes the store have them the SAME day that they are announced. So it could matter. I agree with Sean though, I see no reason for you to spend the extra cash on the Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
To give you an idea of perspective I was doing some basic editing a photo in iphoto, running a virtual 2003 server and a virtual XP machine and had itunes running on my MB last night, so for doing email, witting and web design the MB will serve you well.

Wish I had waited two weeks though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.