Apple and wireless

Reaction score
I work for a hotel and every guest that has an apple product cannot connect to our wireless network. Our routers are Netgear WN802T. Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I work for a hotel and every guest that has an apple product cannot connect to our wireless network. Our routers are Netgear WN802T. Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Thanks!

Depends on your security settings...and login process. Very hard to say why customers cannot login.

I'm going to bet that the same customers can go to a McDonald's, Panera Bread, Starbuck's, etc...or other free WiFi hotspot locations...and probably have no trouble logging onto those networks...so it's got to be something to do with the network setup at your hotel.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

No Mac drivers for this model, Windows only. Some links suggest Netgear WG112v 2 for Mac OS X. At a guess your IT folk no nothing about Mac compatability. Just ask them!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.